The present text is designed to be a standard text book for students of BBA, B.Com., BBM, BBS etc. it is in response to the demand for a text dealing with the essentials of management. In addition to providing a conceptual framework, the book lays thread, bare the fundamentals of management and presents managerial concepts and techniques in a simple but concise manner. The vast area of knowledge on the subject has been distilled and organised into four units. Some of the distinctive features of the book are as follows :
- Chapter contents in the beginning of every chapter to provide a bird’s eyeview of the contents.
- Tables and Diagrams to illustrate the text.
- Conceptual, Objective Type and Long Answer Questions at the end of every chapter.
- A concise and to the point description of the object.
- Lucid, simple and conversational language.
- Based on the Author’s experience of four decades.
- Nature and Scope of management
- Evolution of management Thought
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility.
- Decision making
- Motivation and Morale
- Quality of Work Life.
Appendix : Cases in Management.
- Total quality management
- Organisational Change
- Organisation Development.
3rd Revised & Enlarged Edition