- Presentation of material in a simple and lucid style.
- Informative illustrations.
- Presentation of flow charts.
- Discussion of case studies.
Section I : Identification and Formulation of Projects
- Project Management : An Overview
- Identification and Formulation of Projects
- Life-cycle Phase and Systems Approach of a Project.
Section II : Project Section, Consideration and Feasibility
- Pre-feasibility and Post-conception Studies
- Project Feasibility Studies and Considerations
- Detailed Project Report as submitted to the Financial Institutions.
Section III : Project Appraisal : A Multi-dimensional View
- Financial Appraisal
- Technological Appraisal
- Socio-Economic Appraisal
- Managerial Appraisal.
Section IV : Project Financing
- Sources and Pattern of Finance
- Public Sector Project Financing
- Role of Tax Planning in Project.
Section V : abortion pill Project Evaluation Techniques
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Net-work Fundamentals
- PERTCost/Time Trade-off
- Application of PERT/CPM to Real Life Projects.
Section VI : Project Designing and Cost Controls
- Conceptual Designing and Value Engineering
- Project Cost Estimation and Control
- Role of the Cost Accountant in Project Management.
Section VII : Project Administration
- Role and Leadership of the Project Manager
- Structure and Team Building of Project Organisation
- Bids and Contracts in Project Development.
Section VIII : Post-Project Evaluation
- Aftermath of Project Implementation
- Sample Project Plans
- Statistical Tables
- Selected References
- Past Question Papers with Suggested Answers.
2nd Revised Edition