- A comprehensive text book on Corporate Laws covering provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Depositories Act, 1996, especially conceived for the students of B Com.
- An authentic, up-to-date, simple and lucid analysis of the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, as amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, /Rules made under the Companies Act, 2013/SEBI Regulations.
- Detailed analysis of the provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 (as amended by the Finance Act, 2018).
- The language of the book is simple and treatment of the subject lucid. An effort has been made to present the complicated provisions in a simple manner so that students can easily grasp.
- Questions and practical problems selected from past examination questions of various Universities, including Delhi University have been given along with hints to their answers at the end of each chapter.
- Important circulars, notifications, amendments and case laws (up to 15th July, 2019) have been incorporated at appropriate places.
- Law stated in this book is as amended up to 1st August, 2019.
UNIT – I : INTRODUCTION
UNIT – II : DOCUMENTS
- History of Company Legislation
- Meaning and Characteristics of a Company
- Kinds of Companies
- Formation and Incorporation of a Company
UNIT – III : Company Management and Meetings
- Memorandum of Association and Its Alteration
- Articles of Association and its Alteration
- Shares and Share Capital
UNIT – IV : Dividends, Audit and Winding Up
- Appointment of Directors
- Legal Position of Directors
- Disqualifications and Removal of Directors
- Powers and Duties of Directors
- Key Managerial Personnel, Managing Director, Manager and
- Whole Time Director
- Board Meetings Including Meeting Through Video Conferencing
- Meeting of Shareholders
UNIT – V : The Depository Act, 1996
- Divisible Profits and Dividend
- Company Audit
- Winding Up Under the Companies Act 2013
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- The Depositories Act, 1996